Woodlands Senior Living of Farmington
Woodlands Memory Care of Farmington is the first and only purpose-built senior living community in Franklin County designed exclusively to address the unique needs of individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other memory impairments.
Constructed in 2017 to meet the growing need for high-quality memory care in the area, our Farmington location is a warm, caring environment for living that has been thoughtfully developed, featuring elegant architecture, interior decoration and furnishings unmatched by other senior care communities in the area.
Our memory care community offers family members peace of mind that their loved one is in a secured and comforting environment 24 hours a day. We have drawn from our own experience and incorporated the most successful concepts in memory loss care to create the physical environment, services, amenities, and activities program.
- 20,000 square-foot community
- 36-bed memory care community featuring both private and shared rooms
- Private pay or MaineCare accepted
- Secured environment for living
- Personalized plans of care
- Specially trained and carefully selected staff available 24/7
Phase 2 Coming Fall 2018
Assisted Living + Private Apartments
Phase 2 of Woodlands Senior Living of Farmington is underway! This 40,000 square-foot addition will feature a 58-bed assisted living community with both private and shared rooms, as well as 22 upscale independent living private apartments featuring studio, one- or two-bedroom layout options. Many of these apartments include special features such as patios, balconies, dishwashers and private washer/dryer. Independent living private apartments feature available assisted living packages or personal services offered à la carte.
What type of accommodations are available?
Because individuals with memory impairments may benefit from either option, the community features 12 private rooms and 12 double-occupancy rooms. For some individuals who experience anxiety when living alone, the comfort of having a roommate may help.
- A large, open-air central atrium to allow for ample natural light and easy but secure resident access to outdoor area
- A high-efficiency, individually zoned climate control system (air conditioning/heating)
- A video monitoring safety system
- Private bathrooms in all resident rooms
- Multiple home-like areas for residents to engage with others, including television room, reading room, activity room, home-style resident kitchen, common area with fireplace, and a larger group activity area
- Spacious outside courtyard with walking paths, gardens and a gazebo
How much does it cost?
Residents pay a monthly rental fee based on a daily rate for a single or double occupancy room.
What if I can't afford the monthly rental fee?
Our community has a Provider Agreement with Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services which allow us to accept a limited number of persons whose residency will be subsidized by Maine Care. You can obtain information about the MaineCare application process and your eligibility by contacting DHHS’ Office of Integrated Access and Support by phone at (207) 795-4300 or (800) 482-7517 or via their website at www.maine.gov/dhhs/ofi/services/home.html
Will you accept long-term care insurance?
Some long-term care insurance policies will reimburse policy holders for residential care expenses. You may want to contact your insurance provider to determine the exclusions or limitations of your policy.
Will I have to sign a lease?
Our community offers a month-to-month rental agreement.
What services will be included in the monthly rental fee?
The following services will be included in the monthly rental fee:
- Room and board
- Daily meals and snacks
- Assistance with activities of daily living like bathing, dressing, mobility, etc.
- Medication administration
- Basic nursing services including general health monitoring, simple wound dressing, insulin injections, etc. We are licensed as a residential care facility and therefore are not able to offer skilled nursing services such as intravenous therapy, daily injections (other than insulin), 24-hour nursing assessment, etc.
- Therapeutic activity programming specifically designed to engage individuals with memory impairments
- Transportation to medical appointments
Who do you employ?
We employ a variety of personnel to assist in the services provided to your loved one, including:
- Licensed Residential Care Administrator who directs the day-to-day operations of the community
- Registered Nurses (RN) who are responsible for providing basic nursing services
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) who are responsible for providing basic nursing services
- Program Coordinators who monitor and direct the day-to-day provision of progam services to residents
- Activity Coordinators who develop and implement a program of recreational activities and events
- Certified Residential Medication Aides (CRMA) who are responsible for medication administration
- Personal Care Attendants (PCA) who are responsible for providing personal care and some light housekeeping tasks
- Maintenance personnel who are responsible for maintaining the grounds and physical plant
- Dining services personnel who are responsible for meal preparation and delivery
- Housekeeping personnel who are responsible for housekeeping and laundry tasks
What training will your staff receive?
In addition to our own comprehensive orientation program, covering topics like fire safety, infection control, resident rights, and a variety of other topics, our staff members also receive the following training:
- Personal Care Attendants (PCA) complete a 50-hour training program developed and required by Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services in order to prepare them for providing resident personal care
- Certified Residential Medication Aides (CRMA) complete a 50-hour training program developed and required by Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services to prepare them for medication administration
- We require every member of our staff, from Executive Director to dietary personnel, to complete the Alzheimer’s Association’s essentiALZ™ certification program. This 10-hour program provides basic and advanced training on person-centered care, the changes that can happen to thinking skills as dementia progresses, how those changes impact behavior, and how to understand behavior as communication as well as how to address physical concerns like eating, pain, wandering, and falls.
What if my family member needs skilled nursing or therapy services?
Woodlands Senior Living has established a relationship with a local provider who is offering an onsite program for skilled nursing and therapy services. Residents may also choose to make arrangements with an alternate provider of their choice.
How can I start the process of admission?
Please contact us at (207) 860-3999, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us at 175 Knowlton Corner Road in Farmington. Once we receive an individual’s completed application, our staff will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the individual. The purpose of the assessment is to determine what the person’s needs are to ensure that we can adequately meet those needs.
What steps can I take now to ensure that I am prepared for my loved one's admission?
There are a number of things you can do in advance that will help the process of transitioning your loved one’s care to a community.
- If you haven’t already done so, designate someone to act as the individual’s legal representative, for example, a durable power of attorney(DPOA), durable power of attorney for health care (DPOA-HC) or guardian. You may want to consult with an attorney.
- If your loved one will be relocating to the Farmington area from another community, you may want to seek out a local Farmington-area physician to provide his/her primary care in the future.
- We will rely on you to help us become familiar with your family member. Consider creating a “life story” for your loved one including things like his/her daily routine, food preferences, activities enjoyed, nicknames, etc.
Woodlands Senior Living of Farmington
175 Knowlton Corner Road
Farmington, ME 04938