The new community in Farmington will be our seventh specialized memory care facility. This community will feature a purpose-built layout, backed by an outgrowth of research, design and experience.
Woodlands Senior Living is a Maine-based, family-owned company with a 35 year history of providing personalized compassionate care to seniors. We care for more than 500 residents and employ no fewer than 300 throughout our senior living facilities in seven communities throughout Maine.
By The Numbers
- $4 Million 20,000 Sq. Ft. Purpose-built Facility
- Estimated 28-30 Full Time Jobs
- 36-Bed Memory Care Community
- 12 Private Rooms
- 12 Double Rooms (24 MaineCare subsidized beds)
- Construction Start Date: Fall, 2016
- Facility Grand Opening: Fall, 2017
- Large open air central atrium / courtyard in each neighborhood to allow for ample natural light and easy access to outdoors for residents
- High Efficiency Individually zoned climate control system (air conditioning/heating)
- Video Monitoring Safety System
- Private bathrooms in all resident rooms
- Multiple home scaled areas for resident engagement– television room, reading room, activity room, home-style resident kitchen, etc…as well as larger group activity area and common area with fireplace
- Large outside courtyard (in addition to atrium) with walking paths, gardens, gazebo